Model: TF Roadster
Last of the MG T-Series line and arguably the best, the TF was introduced in October 1953. Although mechanically very similar to its TD predecessor, the provision of a shorter radiator, revised wing line and faired-in headlamps lent it an altogether sportier air.
Equipped with rack-and-pinion-steering, independent coil-and-wishbone front suspension and four-wheel drum brakes, the new model helped maintain the marque’s ‘Safety Fast’ reputation. Initially powered by a twin-carburettor 57bhp 1,250cc XPAG four-cylinder engine, the TF was offered with a 63bhp 1,466cc XPEG motor from November 1954 onwards. Production ended early in April 1955 after 9,600 TFs had been manufactured, the vast majority of them being sold into the American market.
Dating from 1954, this TF is one of those USA-supplied cars, returning to Europe and remaining in its original left-hand drive. The car has undergone a body off restoration and has been judged to be in an excellent condition.
Engine / cylinders / vales
- Engine / cylinders / vales